Turkey Time

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

While at a friends house today, I noticed out his window that his neighbor's turkeys had slipped through his fence, and into his yard.

There was some very dramatic light, a little harsh, but it certainly felt like autumn out there. They were so pretty and bright, I couldn't help but portrait a few.

My friend talked trash to the turkeys the entire time I photographed them, explaining to them that they better enjoy the next few days, and cross off any bucket items...lol.

Here are a few captures that I liked.

I always welcome and request critiques. I'm here to share, learn, and get better! Critiques were my favorite part of photograph class =) I have thick skin... I know what I like and dislike about these, how 'bout you?

Happy almost turkey time!

Last edited:
That is my favorite of the set, as well, Jake.

The harsh light almost adds a little finality and drama to the intended journalistic idea of; "end-o-the-road, turkeys" or "it's time!."

I'll try a re-crop, and see if I can get a better result. There is still something bugging me about that image. I'm not sure what it is yet, though.

Thanx-
T.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back