Warning: I am not a bird shooter at all

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Digital Latte

Rob and Tracy
But after driving around looking for inspiration this COLD COLD afternoon, I saw a large amount of Geese (and other) and had to play

Here are the images I walked away with

34343cf0.jpg

1270e8f6.jpg

6aaa00af.jpg

c0ddc54d.jpg

3636ed87.jpg

4a20c74b.jpg

hahaha 37 views and zero comments LOL I knew there was a reason I didnt want to post these :)

Last edited:
I just saw them. I love photo #2--the light was perfect and it's a wonderfully simple but graphic image to me. Keep shooting birds!

I'm not a bird photog either

...but I thought the third shot of the geese in formation was particularly fine. In shot 2 I was going to make some other wise @$$ comments about shooting the south end of northbound geese, but I thought better of it. :)

Real Bird Photographers would be complaining about the lack of feather detail and poor eye contact! :D And how much better you could have done with a $10,000 lens.

...but I thought the third shot of the geese in formation was particularly fine. In shot 2 I was going to make some other wise @$$ comments about shooting the south end of northbound geese, but I thought better of it. :)

Real Bird Photographers would be complaining about the lack of feather detail and poor eye contact! :D And how much better you could have done with a $10,000 lens.

I did wish I had a longer lens, I think the birds were laughing at my 70-200

The 2nd stands out to me the most.... Almost looks like rapid shooting.. I really like that one. All over then are really very nice.

As you notice here, once somebody "breaks the ice" commments tend to flow more easily. Not sure exactly why that is.

I only know enough about shooting birds to know that my 70-200 also makes them laugh. "Ha, wait until you look at that shot in Lightroom buddy! We'll all just be a bunch of little brown dots! - your fine, and far away, feathered friend!"

In any case, I think they're pretty good, and especially like the 2nd and 3rd shots. Those are pretty cool, even if you don't claim to be a birder.

I must have missed these, {nice shots! (27 times)} Just Kidding! :)

These are good, considering birds are hard to capture. I dont think I could come up with something like this until I go out and work on it a bit.

I love snow geese...have not had much luck seeing many this year. i heard most of them stayed up north on the canada side of the border

Nice shots...I really like 2 and 4 and yeah, I get a little discouraged myself when I post something and see a lot of views and no feedback...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back