Wishram Pano Shot

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Nice view from that location! No train on the bridge?!

How do you deal with moving vehicles when you shoot a pano like this? Don't you tend to get a car that appears in multiple shots?

No, I wasn't lucky enough to get a train on the bridge. It's very rare to get a train on that line, I think they only run one or two per day.

In fact, I was lucky that the span was down. At first I thought that meant a train was coming, then I noticed the hi-rail truck on the bridge and the section crew doing work. It's rare to see the bridge in the down position, so that was nice. I also had nice light on the bridge, but the haze and grey sky was a bit dissapointing.

Moving vehicles can be a problem, though in images as big as this one, they're not noticable enough to matter.

Last edited:
How do you deal with moving vehicles when you shoot a pano like this? Don't you tend to get a car that appears in multiple shots?
A friend shot a pano, multiple frames of an airplane taking off. In this case, the repeated subject was the goal. When all stitched together, he'd done a remarkably nice job of timing the frames, well spaced. The net effect was sort of like a 'strobe' photo.

Benton 13nov10

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back