Yellowstone Area (Montana) Wildlife

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

Tomorrow I'm heading out for my annual spring visit to Yellowstone. It's my favorite time of year to be in the park, and I'm fortunate to get nearly a month there this time. Most of the park is located in Wyoming, of course. However, a sliver is in Montana, as is our cabin and some of the beautiful alpine areas beyond it to the northeast. Here are some Montana animals I've photographed in recent years:

Red fox, bison, deer and bears are commonly seen on our property.
fox10.jpg

Lotsa moose too!
moose5.jpg

I spent a lot of time with the great gray owls in the Montana portion of the park last spring and summer.
owl17.jpg

owl5.jpg

...pikas...
pika25.jpg

I will be posting some reports and photo updates from the park on my FB page if anyone's interested in following along.

Max

Last edited by a moderator:
lucky you, Max! would love to be able to visit Yellowstone for a week, much less a month! enjoy your trip!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back