Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. HoedadKid

Leaburg to Greenwood to Dexter to Pengra

I haven't been posting much lately here on the forum, due to the fact that I've spent almost every waking second either in the mountains, or on the rivers. Last week, a good buddy of mine who runs 02fish guide service, took me down river for float and a shot at some early spring Chinook. No...
  2. HoedadKid

A Night in Lincoln City

It was about noon, last Saturday, when my wife and I decided that we needed a little fresh air. We packed a few snacks and headed for the coast. Our typical route is out Hwy 126 to Florence, and then maybe to Yachats and back... a nice way to fill an afternoon. Feeling as though we had...
  3. HoedadKid

Le Pond

I almost didn't bring my camera to the pond with us, yesterday. I'm glad that I did, though. There were birds aplenty, and the trout fishing was great!
  4. HoedadKid

Trout Fishing

Saturday was fishing day for our family. My two kids had been begging us to take them since the opening of trout season last weekend, so we did. So, while the kiddos fished, I fished for picts of the Osprey...fishing ;) I AM NOT A BIRD PHOTOGRAPHER. All I had to use was my 100mm prime to...
  5. HoedadKid

Officer Chris Kilcullen Memorial

A large section Eugene shut down today. Roads were blocked off, and the UO campus looked like an interpretable fortress of red, white, and blue. The memorial and procession in honor of Officer Chris Kilcullen obviously touched a TON of people. There were law enforcement agencies from all over...
  6. HoedadKid

petals

...just a couple of flower pics from my gardening exploits which I've been immersed in over the past few weeks. My garden is 99% veggies, but they don't have a ton of vibrant colors to them yet :)
  7. HoedadKid

Hot chix!!!

Yesterday, my two girls and I went to pick out our new chicks. THESE ARE GOING TO BE EGG-LAYING HENS, not KFC. Working pets, if you will. Still chocolate-faced from dessert time, and fully gloved in order to prevent poop-hand, my two proud and happy daughters- A little shy, our Buff...
  8. HoedadKid

House on wheels!

Not great images technically, but a neat capture none the less. I didn't have much time to dial these in the way I would have with more time... oh well. While working in my kitchen yesterday morning, I heard quite the commotion outside, growing louder by the moment. I stepped outside to take...
  9. HoedadKid

Willamette Valley Morels

It's that time of year again. Morel mushrooms are starting to show themselves outside and in local store coolers. While roaming the back roads in the coastal foothills yesterday, we happened upon a really nice area, covered in these tasty guys- Morchella rufobrunnea Happy spring to you...
  10. HoedadKid

Windmill

Every time I take a walkabout in my neighborhood, I find something new to shoot. Tonight my quarry was this front-yard windmill at one of my neighbor's places.:) Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro at f32, ISO 100, 1/5"
  11. HoedadKid

***neon***

A pal and I went out with the intention of solely shooting the new bridge over Delta Highway, last night, and caught a small carnival in the mall parking lot still up and running... barely ;) I came away with a few nice neon images... enjoy :) Canon 20-35 mm @21mm, ISO400, 10sec. @ f20...
  12. HoedadKid

GreenBridge

Within the city limits of Eugene, I found this dilapidated foot bridge, crossing the headwaters of Amazon Creek. I saw the shot I wanted when I first glimpsed at the bridge, but in order to get the snap I had to take my shoes off, and climb into the creek with my tripod, ducking 'neath a...
  13. HoedadKid

flowers n' shtuff

What an amazingly beautiful day out there today. Spring had been hiding from me. Along the Willamette River, near Pleasant Hill, I found some beautiful colors :)
  14. HoedadKid

Xylo

A good friend of mine brought his new puppy, Xylo, along on our river outing this afternoon. What a cute little guy he is. I'm not great with action shots, but here is my attempt at a few :)
  15. HoedadKid

Nibbles

Needing a few more photos of growing nettles, my wife and I braved the hail and torrential rain as we scurried down a little hiking trail along the Willamette River, here in Eugene. We finally got a few sun breaks, and on our way back to the car, my wife spotted this li'l guy pokin' his head out...
  16. HoedadKid

The birds

While still in the honeymoon phase with my new lens, I decided to go shoot something this afternoon that I usually don't... birds. I wasn't able to get close to a few of the duck species that I really wanted to shoot, but I came away with a few images that I liked. It was fun to photograph...
  17. HoedadKid

Snowmelt

My favorite image from today's noon-time walkabout- Canon 100mm Macro- ISO 200, f3.2, 1/500
  18. HoedadKid

Moonlight

I don't have a zoom lens, and tonight I wish I did. I noticed the grandness of the rising moon early this evening and was determined to capture some of it's beauty, even with my wide angle. Instead of doing focused "moon" shots, I decided to try to just incorporate it into some late evening...
  19. HoedadKid

Lil snake

I found this photo while searching through some random albums of mine today. I took this earlier this fall, with my Canon 8mp P&S, in manual macro mode. I was walking into a secret truffle location of mine near Florence, unprepared to shoot, when I almost stepped on this lil feller. I...
  20. HoedadKid

Goshen's hidden Jewel

While stopping to take a phone call this evening, I noticed this cool old building tucked behind an industrial tire shop, in Goshen (just south of Eugene). For any of you who have not had the pleasure of visiting Goshen, I'll save you the heartache. Other than this cool old structure, Goshen is...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back