The birds

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

All these dicks and not one goose? LOL great shots, the detail is fantastic, particularlly on the bill of the 1st shut...you really should shit birds more oftern :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Christena- LOLOLOL. This lens is super sharp. I love it. I couldn't get close to any geese today. They usually pester the crud out of us anytime we take a walk in this park. Not today, though.

Janice-
Thanks, I couldn't resist shooting the coot. He was running circles around me as I was lying on the ground. A little ham, it was.

Christena- LOLOLOL. This lens is super sharp. I love it. I couldn't get close to any geese today. They usually pester the crud out of us anytime we take a walk in this park. Not today, though.

it is amazingly sharp!! Why the LOLOLOL?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG. This is tooooooo funny. I'm sorry you are under the weather, but you made my night with this one.

I'm glad you liked the images, and I think I will shi...shoot birds more often ;)

OMG. This is tooooooo funny. I'm sorry you are under the weather, but you made my night with this one.

I'm glad you liked the images, and I think I will shi...shoot birds more often ;)

:D I think you should to. I would shoot them...the other seems painful...

Last edited:
It would have been fun to pun on this one. Something told me to smile and move on. Smile and giggle I did.

I'm still sick w/ a 100+ temp so I will remain a silent lurker today (well maybe) to avoid another drug induced cyber tourettes...thanks for understanding...now back to commenting on these lovely photos.

I don't give people a hard time about typos, as I make enough of them myself to pick on anyone else for them. That said, when I see a good one, I will laugh, and those were definitely a couple of doozies! ;)

On a related note, the auto-correct on the iPhone can also generate some humorous ones. Last weekend, I was contacting a client about trying to book a studio and apparently typed something like "dtudio" instead. The iphone helpfullly switched it to read. "I haven't heard back from the Druids". Fortunately I caught it before I hit send, otherwiser I have to wonder what she would have thought. :p

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Christena. The crud sure is going around. Everyone I know has had some form of it or another recently.

And apparently I did have one goose shot! It's not the highest quality, but it's nice and colorful.

Here are a few more photos from yesterday. If the others were my "A" quality, I would call these my "B" shots.

Some of these had to be super cropped.
View attachment 5581

View attachment 5582

View attachment 5583

All these dicks and not one goose? LOL great shots, the detail is fantastic, particularlly on the bill of the 1st shut...you really should shit birds more oftern :)

You really should >> s*** birds more often
Did you mean to ^^"shoot"^^??

Last edited:
nice... that first duck looks like it's had surgery on its bill! Frankenduck! :eek: and a coot for good measure... we have tons of them around here, but i rarely see them out of water. they have the most hysterical-looking feet! looks like that lens is gonna serve you well... that last "B" shot of the widgeon is really quite good.. a little tweaking in PP, and you'd have a very nice photo there!

Thanks, Rocky.

Yeah, I'm lovin' this lens. I've gone through my share of cruddy lenses, and finally decided to drop the coin on this badgirl. I'm so glad I did. All that I have been working with for the last few months was my 20-35 wide. It was very frustrating; not being able to get close to my subject, etc...

As for the coot- They are hilarious, aren't they? They look so awkward, with those giant multi-colored webbed feet and their little stout bodies. I want to go back and see if I can get a macro shot of just coot feet.

May I ask- What might you suggest I tweak in the widgeon shot? I played with it a bit, but was never quite satisfied with the results. Feel free to play with that image, if you like.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back