Goshen's hidden Jewel

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

While stopping to take a phone call this evening, I noticed this cool old building tucked behind an industrial tire shop, in Goshen (just south of Eugene). For any of you who have not had the pleasure of visiting Goshen, I'll save you the heartache. Other than this cool old structure, Goshen is a mill, some run-down cars on the side of the highway, a SCARY looking tavern, and a commercial fueling station.

I plan on going back and shooting it under even better light, but I couldn't help snapping off a couple today.

C&C welcome.

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOO it looks frickin' haunted =O Love it...I would go back at dusk and try some funk angles and try some B&W too w/ some high contrast :) great shot and find!!!

Thanks, all. It was a cool find, for sure. I'll definitely be going back at dusk one of these days, although, I think that's most likely when all of the haunted spooks come out. I'll have to rub all my gear down with garlic or sumpthin' to avoid any demons...

Sage works just as well. Seriously.
just burn some sage, lean over the dish the sage is burning in and let the smoke surround you, you'll be just fine.

it's an old Cherokee trick my Grandma taught us as kids.

When we moved into the house we are in now, first few months when I was gone to work my wife AND dogs could hear voices in the attic...day and night, no one was up there... a friend talked to us about burning sage in every room and rid of them, then it left...

yeah my Dads family is part Cherokee and as kids we were taught a few tricks for dealing with spirits. Whenever my oldest daughter Jessie and I go shooting in the old pioneer cemeteries we sage up first.

It looks like an old church from the 20's or 30's. I love old buildings, I might just get up there myself. Scary, I don't think so, it probably has a wonderful and rich history. (At least I can think that so the goblins don't get me.)

It is a very cool structure, Jim. There are only about 10 buildings in "downtown" Goshen, so you wont have a hard time finding it. I'll try to do a little research and see if I can find some history on the place.

It looks like an old church that maybe was moved and placed on a newer foundation. Interesting that the old outbuilding has a skylight on the roof.

Based on your description I found it on google maps in the satellite view. Cool find.

I drive though Goshen once in a while between home (Creswell) and my work in Eugene. You are very right maybe the only interesting thing there. I'll have to check it out sometime I've never noticed it.

Interesting about the skylight there, Janice. I didn't get close enough to see it. Then again, I guess I'd have to be about 20ft. tall in order to catch a glimpse ;)
You are probably right about the relocation. I'm still trying to do a little historical research, but I haven't found anything on it so far. I'll be sure to post my findings if I find sumpin'.

Woden- Yeah, Goshen isn't so easy on the eyes...lol. There is that cool old mill, and a junkyard, I think. My father useed to work at McDiarmid Controls, right there on 99, just north of Goshen. The neighbors were "interesting" to say the least.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back