25 Amazing Photos of Bicycles

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
There's a current thread about "what inspires you?" It's a good one, and it talks about finding inspiration and motivation to shoot.

Once you have that inspiration, what's next? How do you get the shot?

While mulling that over, I came across this photo gallery at DPS. It features 25 amazing photos of bicycles. OK, you probably won't think all 25 are "amazing", and that's fine. But they're all pretty good.

Could you take 25 amazing shots of bicycles? Could you even take 25 "different" shots of bicycles? I know I probably couldn't. You start feeling like you've taken all the shots you can take.

Study this series of images and take note of the composition. They all have the same theme "bicycle", but they're certainly not all the same shot. Next time you feel like you're in a rut, remember these photos and see if you can find a new angle on your old favorite...

Last edited:
That would be a very interesting exercise. To gather that many "amazing" photos of one subject, I imagine I'd have to take literally hundreds of shots - maybe thousands! I have thousands of photos of trains in my collection, but my top 25 aren't any where near that good.

this could be an interesting exercise... especially when i'm sort of in a rut, or at a loss for what to shoot! thanks for the idea, Bob!

I like that idea. Another thing I've done, and had good results with, is pick a prime lens like a 35 or 50 and work primarily on composition and framing.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back