a few more from Stanwood yesterday

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
here are a few more of the shorties up at Eide Road...

IMG_0205%20crop1%20sm_zpsqylshj25.jpg

IMG_0281%20crop%20sm_zpsoggcra1q.jpg

IMG_0319%20crop%20sm_zpsxplfco5z.jpg

IMG_0317%20crop_filtered%20sm_zpsy7wr6sdb.jpg

I love the shorties. They are one of the few (only?) owls that hunts during the day and are not particularly shy, which makes for good action sequences.

Thanks to Rocky, I spent much of the weekend trying to photograph Short Ears. Saturday was pretty much a bust. Got a late start, had to pull all my winter gear out of storage. Then I stopped at Cabelas to buy a pass since mine had expired. Got one, and an hour later found a new pair of waterproof insulated boots set up for snowshoeing. Then I had to learn where to find the SEO's. So I didn't get much.

Today I got an early start, and I knew where I was going. I think Rocky is on to something shooting in the afternoons, as I spent lots of hours for relatively few good shots and no perching shots. But I finally got a couple of keepers, including this one. Tip of the hat to Rocky for the inside info.

DSC_1935.JPG

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back