Bosque del Apache

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Dave Cowell

I didn't really know where to put this, but I figured it had stills in it and was of wildlife, so I'd tossed it here. If it needs to be moved, just let me know and I can put it in the Videography section.

That being said, I finally completed a Bosque del Apache video, focusing (haha) on the sandhill cranes that over winter there. I had struggled with errors when first trying to put this together in Vegas movie studio, got super frustrated and let it go for a month or so. Restarted from scratch in Movie maker yesterday and finished it this morning. Thanks to my wife, Sunny, for letting me know what needed work on the "rough drafts" prior to releasing this one.

Shot in its entirety with a D300s that I had rented just prior to fly down to New Mexico.

[YOUTUBE]RPiSw8wf2tU[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for looking and enjoy!
Dave

This is wonderful!

I didn't really know where to put this, but I figured it had stills in it and was of wildlife, so I'd tossed it here. If it needs to be moved, just let me know and I can put it in the Videography section.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!
Dave
I don't care what category this goes in - it is simply great work! I especially like the consistent use of golden light. It holds the piece together perfectly. It is also just the right length to keep my interest. If I had any suggestion, it would be to add a close-up or two of the cranes. Do you have any head shots? But that's way down in the realm of "nit-pickyness".

Do you have any head shots? But that's way down in the realm of "nit-pickyness".

I took some head shots while there and thought about adding one or two, but I was leaning more towards showing the cranes in Bosque. I really like trying to give a sense of "place" in photos and that can be difficult to do with close-ups, though in the context of a video I can see how it would work well. Good idea and one I'll probably work into this if/when I tweak it again!

No worries about "nit-pickyness" ;) It's easy for us to get our minds wrapped up in a set way or thought process....well, it is for me at least. A set of fresh eyes to point something out or mix things up can be a good thing!

Thanks for the kind words you guys!
Dave

Last edited:
What an excellent video, very cool!

Just to clarify...

The "videography" section, which pretty much nobody has noticed exists, is intended for technical discussions about shooting videos. i.e. "Will my new Nikon PDQ-3829 shoot video?" "What's 1080p mean?" "How can I control focus when shooting video?"

Actual videos and/or "digital slideshow" of still images contained in a video, should be placed in whatever topic the subject matter best fits. In this case, you chose wildlife, and that's exactly where this one belongs. Good call! :)

Last edited:
Another note on videos. This site does not allow you to upload videos, since the large file size uses up a tremendous amount of bandwidth. (That's the website way of measuring data transfer.) I can't afford the cost that would involve.

Due to that, you cannot upload them here directly. You can, however, upload them to Youtube, Vimeo, Proshow, or whatever other video hosting site you'd like, and link to them. Should you choose to use Youtube, you can embed the video directly into your post, as shown above.

Members are welcome to post their videos and slideshows!

David, congrats on being the "photo of the day" on our Facebook page, and as a small added bonus, you have the distinction of being the first ever video to be chosen as our photo of the day!

Thanks for the clarification on where to post and for the selection, Bob! First ever, Wooo Hooo! :D

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words!

Dave

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back