Camassia Natural Area

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's peak bloom season in this Nature Conservancy land. Located in West Linn, it was the first preserve the Conservancy acquired in Oregon. Through the efforts of volunteers it has become an excellent example of preserving a piece of nature in the heart of a city. When I visited in the afternoon it struck me that often I go miles for wildflowers and birds when I have it minutes from my home.

It's namesake the Camas Lily and a lucky bee.
5708443419_238f8d3f05_b.jpg

Not the best photos, I accidentally turned a dial and massively overexposed several shots, bummer. I had to do some heavy corrections in PS But you get the idea of the bloom, I'll just have to return.
5708443307_5b5535f200_b.jpg

5710999442_4633cbf0db_z.jpg

Camas aren't the only flowers. There are others like this Fawn Lily.
5710970296_8f5440915f_z.jpg

And there are plenty of songbirds as well.
5709102429_eca374c590_b.jpg

I think the bloom should be good

The photo of the little yellow throat is fantastic... So crisp and clear. Also like the camas shots.

Great shots, very nice!

Not the best photos, I accidentally turned a dial and massively overexposed several shots, bummer.

That's too easy to do. That's why I'm always checking my shots. Some folks laugh at me, or give me a hard time about "chimping", but I've solved problems like that more than once.

I'm not saying you should obsess over the shots, just take a quick look, maybe check the histogram on a few until you've got it dialed in.

Since you mentioned "several shots" rather than all, I'm going to guess you caught it fairly quickly.

Great shots, very nice

Since you mentioned "several shots" rather than all, I'm going to guess you caught it fairly quickly.

Thank you. Not quick enough for me to go back and re-shoot. Bummer, since it was such a stunning bloom. I hope I can go back before they are all gone.

The first and last are definitely my favorites. That bird is sharp as a tack, which is really hard to do. Those little guys tend to be, well, flighty, and are constantly jumping, moving, twitching.

As for the first one, that bee just sets it off, very cool!

I like the first and the last best. Great shot of the bird. Like Bob said, the bee in the first one really sets it off. The bee was the first thing I noticed in that shot. Well done!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back