Costa Rica 2016 Wildlife

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I previously shared my bird photos from my Costa Rica trip that took place earlier this year. Now it's time for the rest of the wildlife from that trip.

I've uploaded a little over 100 images to a separate gallery, featuring mammals, herps and bugs. You can view the full gallery here. A short preview is below.

Baird's tapir, Central America's largest native land mammal. We have good luck seeing these in Corcovado National Park.
tapirbairds0316cr23.jpg

A wild (though habituated) ocelot I was fortunate enough to follow through the jungle as it hunted and explored its territory.
ocelot0316cr62.jpg

Golden-mantled howler monkeys, one of four monkey species found in Costa Rica.
monkeygoldenmantledhowler0316cr13.jpg

Kinkajous, a nocturnal mammal that's a relative of the raccoon.
kinkajou0316cr7.jpg

Green and black poison dart frog.
froggreenandblackpoisondart0316cr4.jpg

Eyelash viper... this was the first time I've seen a yellow one in the wild, though it's a fairly common color for this species. The others I've seen were a drab green or brown, so this was a pretty exciting find.
vipereyelash0316cr18.jpg

View the full gallery here.

Incidentally, I plan to lead this trip again in March 2018, and right now I'm offering $250 off the tour price for bookings made prior to the end of this month. So keep that in mind if you're interested in a rainforest photography trip!

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back