Digiscoping again

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Joemeche

I led a Washington Ornithological Society field trip to Blaine/Semiahmoo on Sunday and had occasion to do an impromptu "class" on digiscoping. I used someone else's scope to demonstrate the flexibility of the concept. Now everyone wants to do it! :D
*This Black Oystercatcher was a perfect subject at 150' away.

BLOY0323.jpg

Thanks, Joe. I have seen digiscoped photos which were just silhouettes and Sasquatch shots. Your's are always very good.

If you have a spotting scope there are lots of instructions on the net on how to build one yourself. It's pretty cool really. Just google.

I would love to have a digiscope!! Nice shot!
Thanks.
My technique for digiscoping involves using a spotting scope and a point-and-shot camera. It's a two-piece affair. Zeiss makes a scope with a built-in camera but that's way beyond my meager budget.

If you have a spotting scope there are lots of instructions on the net on how to build one yourself. It's pretty cool really. Just google.
There's really nothing to build. You only need the two components, plus the four Ps.... patience, persistence, perseverance, and....practice! :D

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back