Eagle Moment

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

A challenge to keep the shutter speed high enough to craft the picture. R.J

Attachments

• IMG_0168-denoise.jpg
    IMG_0168-denoise.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0170-denoise.jpg
    IMG_0170-denoise.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 172
One nice thing about photographing eagles in flight is that they soar. The shutter speed does not have to be as fast as photographing something with a rapid wingbeat like a humming bird.

Another few weeks. Nisqually will have Lessors by the thousands. Last year, the rains came late and the ponds were mostly dry, I arive at Nisqually before dawn and catch the geese still in the ponds and on a good day, flocks arriving also. I have used a tripod but too restricting. I started using my 5DIV right at the end of the season last year and am excited to see what I can do this year. Keep the shutter speed high enough, F-stop 6.3 and let the ISO in auto with a max of 32000., These were taken in November 2018 with the Canon 7DII . R.J

Attachments

• Nisqually Cackelers November 221.JPG
    Nisqually Cackelers November 221.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Nisqually Cackelers November 242.JPG
    Nisqually Cackelers November 242.JPG
    310.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Nisqually Cackelers November 506.JPG
    Nisqually Cackelers November 506.JPG
    391.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Nisqually Cackelers November 509.JPG
    Nisqually Cackelers November 509.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 173
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back