Greetings from Bellingham

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Joemeche

This is my first post on this forum as I've just discovered it by following a link on the Tweeters list serve.

I'm a long-time photographer and a PNW resident for the past 37 years.
I write a monthly column about birds for a local paper and was president/vice president, etc. at the North Cascades Audubon Society (NCAS) for more than 20 years. I also coordinated the Bellingham Christmas Bird Count for over two decades.
I lead birding field trips throughout the year for NCAS and the Washington Ornithological Society.

My photographic focus (pun intended) is birds/wildlife and landscapes so I'll look forward to sharing images here, at least until someone says, "enough!" ;)

Cheers,
Joe

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
welcome, Joe! sounds like your "focus" is pretty much the same as mine... bring it on! :)

Welcome, Joe. I live in Oregon, I recently started following Tweeters for the birding activity up north. I consider myself more of a photographer than a birder but, wildlife and landscapes are my favorite subjects behind the lens. Bill Anderson is around here, somewhere.

Let me encourage you to post up your favorite shots of 2013 in the "Best of 2013" forum here. I would like to see what you have.

BTW, which bird are holding in your avatar?

Chad

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bill Anderson is around here, somewhere.

Here I am. :cool:

My photographic focus (pun intended) is birds/wildlife and landscapes so I'll look forward to sharing images here, at least until someone says, "enough!" ;)

Welcome to the forum, Joe. My co-conspirator and fellow Tweetster Terry Olmstead is a member here as well. Judging by the number of hits on our various Edmonds-Woodway wildlife photo threads, no one will ever say "enough." If they say anything, it will be "more." :D

Joe is an active/avid PNW birder and I am looking forward to his photos. A few years ago Joe used his contacts at Oregon State University to identify some banded Caspian terns passing through Edmonds from photos of the bands that I e-mailed him.

Last edited:

Joemeche

BTW, which bird are holding in your avatar? Chad
The bird I'm holding, Chad, is one of 252 4-5 week old Caspian Tern chicks that we banded on the Bellingham waterfront in late July of 2010. It was quite the exciting event!

Thanks to everyone onboard the welcome wagon. The format here is the same as the guitar forum that I belong to so navigating shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Joe

Joemeche

CATEMooSmC.jpg
Caspian Terns at Semiahmoo

I have a special connection/attachment with Caspian Terns since I spent four and a half months monitoring the nesting colony on the Bellingham waterfront in 2010.

Joe

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum! We have lots of folks here who are interested in birds. Some are serious about it, others, like me, just do it on a casual basis, but still enjoy it.

Looking forward to your photos, as well as any info you're inclined to share.

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking forward to your photos of Caspian terns this summer when our local waterfowl action is practically non existent.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com