Hair Today - Doggy Agility.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I enjoyed another day of shooting with Nina. Took so many photos it pushed my hard drive over capacity and I'm out later to get another external. It's been a long time coming and I knew that one day there would be on byte too many.

All the dogs are beautiful and well disciplined competitors. One group that I especially enjoy after I come home and download my pics are the long hairs. Here are some of my favorites.

They all make me smile :D
4454548256_f44de264a7.jpg

Each of the fuzzies are special in their own way.

4454080447_e148896e9c.jpg

4454860318_b193494f8f.jpg

4454080617_1126d6769b.jpg

4454080267_379e7d1693.jpg

4454080103_4d7f09cd5b.jpg

4454859452_d68afd3c24.jpg

4454079779_94df110d0a.jpg

Last edited:
I have to bone up on the breeds. Other than the old english and the afghan I have no idea what breed they are. Maybe Nina will help me out on that.

Great shots. Those are my favorite breeds to shoot as well. I always get especially excited when the afghans enter the ring.

let's start with the fact that I have never seen an old English Sheepdog at an agility trial LOL
now to Janice's pics

#1 & 7 are Afghan hounds
#2, 3, 4 & 8 are Briards
#5 & 6 are Bearded Collies (Beardies)

great shooting, #2 is my favorite :)
thanks for enduring the day!

Thank you Leia, looks like we have the same taste in fuzzies.

Nina, Oh, oh then that one is not an Old English oops:p I better be careful around the owners :) Time to break out the dog books.

I love the Briards especially and the second photo is the favorite that I have so far.

After yesterday I did wake up with a case of photographer's shoulder :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

I was petting that #2 dog, his name is Oliver, and I don't think I could own one, their hair is sooo long & silky, it looks like it could mat easily, must be a grooming nightmare ... but they are cute to look at LOL

If you want to see grooming problems, raise standard Poodles and train them for hunting. They never saw a briar patch they couldn't bull their way through. :D

Pops

Pops, I had a couple miniature poodles and I lived near a greenspace that had little burr producing plants and all they had to do is just walk by and voila burrs everywhere.

Nina, I'm in love with those ears :)

Pops said:
If you want to see grooming problems, raise standard Poodles and train them for hunting. They never saw a briar patch they couldn't bull their way through.

I had afghan hounds while I lived in the desert near the mojave river bed. Afghans like to run. There are a gazillion jack rabbits out there to chase.

Imagine what a mess I had when my male escaped one day and came back with every burr, tumbleweed, foxtail AND some chicken mesh wire(!) in his coat. I cried. Even in a controlled environment (and wearing a snood to eat) his grooming took me several hours every sunday. That day, it had to be cut.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back