last night's aurora

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
a friend told me the aurora would be visible last night, so we went down to the Mukilteo lighthouse for some shots... this is probably the best one i got, though i may still tweak it a bit... 7DII, Rokinon 14mm, 15 sec @ f/2.8, ISO 400

IMG_7970a%20sm_zps5q6te5lp.jpg

That's some pretty visible aurora considering how far south Mukilteo is, not to mention all the light pollution. I like how you included the lighthouse as well! What time was this taken?

Good shot. I had no idea the aurora borealis was visible last night.

thanks, Bill... i didn't either, till Brian called me about 9:00 o'clock and asked if i wanted to help him go photograph it!

That's some pretty visible aurora considering how far south Mukilteo is, not to mention all the light pollution. I like how you included the lighthouse as well! What time was this taken?

thanks, Tyler! yeah, i was pretty surprised myself... i would never have thought it'd even show up with all the light pollution around here! this was taken a little after 12:30.

thanks, Chad! i haven't used it a great deal, but when i have, it's proven quite helpful. i generally don't need to do a ton of post-processing to my photos, though, so Topaz is almost something i use when im just kinda playin' around...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back