Moonlight

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
I woke up about 1:00am Tuesday morning (10/27/15) and noticed that is was very bright outside due to a moon that if not full, was very close to being full. I also noticed clouds in the sky, which is very unusual the night of a full moon. Although it is not yet Hallowe'en, I thought the moonlight and clouds combined for a very spooky look. I took the following shots handheld looking south toward Pine Ridge Park from my back deck using the 5DIII in monochrome/blue tint setting + 24-105L wide angle zoom.

1/8, f/4.0, ISO = 25600
01.JPG

1/13, f/4.0, ISO = 25600
02.JPG

03.JPG

1/25, f/8.0, ISO = 65535 (according to Picasa) I think the noise from the high ISO setting gave the shot an especially eerie look.
04.JPG

I probably could have done better if I had dragged out the tripod and experimented further with various shutter/aperature/ISO settings and HDR mode, but it was very late or very early, depending on your perspective.

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back