My Dinner, not Yours - SEO and Harrier

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

retief

Often we see "moochers", where one bird will catch prey and another wants it.

p841169485-5.jpg

p834818622-5.jpg

1589384606695.png

p905651977-5.jpg

On the last image I am debating whether or not to remove the Harrier wing tip from the upper right corner. One part of me says "Get rid of it, it's annoying", another part says "Leave it in, you can see that is what the Owl is looking at". What do you folks all think?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice captures. I like the third one the best. Wings and tail flared with the detail and color.

The fourth one I find the wing tip distracting. The eyes tell me the owl is scanning the area to protect its meal.

Another $.02 from me

p922802603-5.jpg

p905651977-5.jpg

On the last image I am debating whether or not to remove the Harrier wing tip from the upper right corner. One part of me says "Get rid of it, it's annoying", another part says "Leave it in, you can see that is what the Owl is looking at". What do you folks all think?

Thanks,

I have mixed feelings about the last shot. I agree with Twick that the wing is distracting. But without it, the shot isn't much different than the third shot. In a perfect world ;) I'd have actually liked to see just a little more of the harrier - say a little bit of it's body.

I guess you'll just have to work on your stage direction! :D

Mike is right, if there was more of the wing and/or the body of the owl. At first I thought the wing tip might be a lone branch.

I have to agree, id go without the wingtip. If u had more of the hawk it would be nice but its still a nice set with good light. The first one with both birds does a good job of telling the story.

Bill,

My first instinct is to like the wingtip, it's part of the story. But I think the other folks are right, there's just not enough of it.

On the other hand, if you're showing the shots as a series, as you've done here, then the wingtip may work better.

I went into photoshop and played around a bit. I removed the wingtip using content aware fill, but then there was too much white space above the bird. So I tightened up the crop a bit, and came up with this.

I also moved your copyright, having it in the upper corner was cluttering things a bit once I tightened the crop.

Photo (c) by Bill Dewey, as mangled by Bob

View attachment 7904

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back