Share photos of your guest to your bird feeders here :)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's fun to see who visits the bird feeders. Here is my first contribution a Red-breasted Nuthatch.

How about sharing yours? . . . . . . squirrels included.
Nuthatch.jpg

Sharp Shinned Surprise

Well, I think I posted this one here some time back. It's from a couple of years ago. But here goes anyway.

Sharp Shinned Surprise!
Hawk-4.jpg

Great idea, Janice. It so happens that I put up a suet feeder for the first time a couple weeks ago and have a few regulars stopping by including, a Hairy Woodpecker, Flicker, Blue Scrub Jay and a few others. I'm trying to attract raptors like what you came up with, Mike. I really haven't hung out with a camera yet but, with the sunny weather we're having, I'm hoping to get out there and take some pics.

Nice photos everybody!

Here's one of my new friends, took this shot a few days ago through the window. Dude, save some for the birds!
Untitled9862rrwhsr.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread. I can use it to coerce Terry into taking and posting bird feeder shots, which he normally hates to do. :mad:

I have previously posted my bird feeder shots on the Wildlife of Edmonds thread. Now that you have started this thread, I'll post my bird feeder shots here and save my "free range" bird/wildlife shots for that other thread. I assume we can post hummingbird feeder shots here as well.

Last edited:
Great idea, Janice. It so happens that I put up a suet feeder for the first time a couple weeks ago and have a few regulars stopping by including, a Hairy Woodpecker, Flicker, Blue Scrub Jay and a few others. I'm trying to attract raptors like what you came up with, Mike. I really haven't hung out with a camera yet but, with the sunny weather we're having, I'm hoping to get out there and take some pics.

Nice photos everybody!

Here's one of my new friends, took this shot a few days ago through the window. Dude, save some for the birds!
View attachment 12767

I love squirrels.

Nice photos everybody!

View attachment 12767

You need one of those double cage suet feeders to keep out those furry tree rats.

Northern Flicker (Red-shafted)

Here's my contribution for today....a frequent visitor to our suet feeder. He's sitting on the feeder stand waiting his turn.

Attachments

• 10-30-2013 m Northern Flicker_5881_filtered.jpg
    10-30-2013 m Northern Flicker_5881_filtered.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 312
Good shot. A pair of flickers raised a family somewhere near me earlier this year. I think they are the birds who are gobbling up the suet in my suet feeder.

Male Rufous Hummingbird at the feeder

This feeder is just outside our kitchen window. My favorite hummer - but they don't winter over here.

Taken in August of this year with the Canon 7D/500mm f4L/1.4x extender.

8-3-2013 fm rufous at the kitchen feeder_4651.JPG

Last edited:
I have not seen many hummers this year at the two feeders on my back deck. Things changed Wednesday (12/4) morning when the temperature dipped to the very low 20's F.

An Anna's hummer visited one feeder several times.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

It perched on the same sites where I had frequently photographed one in 2012. Same hummer?
04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:
Don't forget to keep your hummingbird feeders thawed out. I Bring mine in at night and check it during the day. They were lined up waiting for it this morning.

December hummer.jpg

I must be on the wrong side of the road...... I get a few hummers and also take the feeder in at nite.. i am going to set up a light during the day with this cold weather so it wont freeze.... I havent seen one Flicker or Blue Jay this fall...

I missed Terry, and Bill's shots. Guess I didn't turn the page. :) Great shots.

Christine, I have tons of hummers, probably because there are several of us who feed them, so I think that alone helps. I haven't seen many jays or flickers this year. Lots of other little songbirds though.

I have been taking the hummer feeders inside at night as the temps have dropped into the low teens (F) overnight. As far as I know, Dexter, my backyard Anna's hummer, spent the night in the open perched on his favorite branch of the huckleberry bush. I would think he would be a bit warmer tucked up in the needles of one of my Doug firs. Hummers go into a torpor (mini hibernation) at night to keep warm.

I took this photo of Dexter a few minutes ago. He was starting to stir and made a trip to the feeder shortly thereafter. The thermometer on my back deck was reading 15*F.
01.JPG

My hummer was perched on a tree on the lookout for invaders, sorry, it's heavily cropped so not very clear and the ISO was cranked up as you can see.

vigil.jpg

against the cold.jpg

coming in.jpg

Hummer 1.jpg

hummer2.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back