Snoqualmie Falls high water

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
OK, let me preface this by saying that this is a lousy photo. Severely backlit, as you can tell by the lens flare, and all the mist in the air adds a special soft focus and/or makes it look like my lens needed cleaning.

Still, it's interesting to see just how much water was flowing over the falls today. Maybe I'll inspire somebody and they'll get a better photo!

I think they are impressive photos....

Especially for the time of day and misty conditions. Makes me want to be there. You guys must really love Washington--so photogenic. C.

P.S. You made the lodge look like Wuthering Heights. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, look at all the water. I have hoped to make it up the Gorge after the heavy rain and "mist" it. I'm glad you made it to Snoqualmie.

I have heard that the mist is the biggest complaint, since they started the construction.. guess it changed the path of the water flow, so its not even worth going there anymore...

There is an amazing amount of mist, at least right now. Even at the new Peregrine Falcon viewpoint we were getting quite soaked. I had my tripod with me, planning to get set up and take long exposures, but the mist was so heavy it would have ruined the shots. So I did handheld, short exposure, wiped the lens, aimed as quickly as I could and shot.

I had thought that the mist was due to the very heavy water flow, I wasn't aware it's an ongoing issue.

Meanwhile, yes, you get a bit of mist on you, but I would certainly say it's still worth a visit. This is Washington state, you can't be afraid of a little moisture!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back