Trains Magazine - Polson Logging Co. No. 70 at Mineral, WA

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
The May 2012 issue of Trains Magazine features a photo of the newly restored Polson Logging Company #70 at Mineral, WA.

Normally, I couldn't post a magazine cover due to copyrights, but this case is an exception. It's my photo on the cover this month.

(Yeah, I'm pretty dang excited about that...)

trains-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent shot for the cover too. Do they run the train very often or is it like the Portland trains that only come out every few years?

Mike

Excellent shot for the cover too. Do they run the train very often or is it like the Portland trains that only come out every few years?

Mike

It runs 4 days a week (Thurs-Sun) all summer long. Thursday is a diesel trip, Friday through Sunday is steam powered. This is one of two engines that will be doing the majority of the steam trips this season.

Check it out at http://mrsr.com/index.html

Excellent!

Well done! I know how hard it is to get a cover shot. You have to frame everything so the subject is clear and the magazine still has room for all that text. Not to mention that you have to have a subject that is timely and fits with the feature story.

Well done! I know how hard it is to get a cover shot. You have to frame everything so the subject is clear and the magazine still has room for all that text. Not to mention that you have to have a subject that is timely and fits with the feature story.

You're correct Mike, there are all kinds of things that have to all come together to get a cover photo. This was about 4 months in the making, and they considered several photos. I actually have two shots in this issue, there's also a full page photo inside as part of the article. It's probably my most prestigious accomplishment to date, and definitely the one I'm most proud of.

Gee I'm a little late to the party.

Congratulations Bob! Quite a bit deal!

Wouldn't you know it, my March issue of Trains never showed up. Dropped by Tacoma Trains yesterday and gee surprise, surprise, all sold out. Finally found a copy at QFC. Looks great. How many copies did you buy?

I haven't bought any yet Steve, they're impossible to find around here. May have to order a couple from Trains.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back