Washington Photographer Intros

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I'd start a topic in each state category for photographers to say hello and tell us where you're located.

It's purely optional of course, but if you'd like, post a quick note saying where you're located and what your interests are. If you've got a website, you're welcome to post that as well.

Just a bit of info on yourself and your general location (It's not a good idea to post your home address on the web, if it's a business you can post it if you'd like.)

Ok, I'll kick things off.

I'm Bob Harbison and I'm located in the Seattle area. I do freelance photography and my specialties are events and concerts. I also do a lot of railroad photography, and I photography pretty much whatever catches my interest.

I shoot with Nikon gear, and like the Nikon system. I've been using digital cameras for about 5 years now, and really enjoy digital photography.

My photography website is at http://www.bobharbison.com/ I've also got flickr and smugmug accounts, but my website is the best place to start.

I am Leia Knight and am located in the southern washington/north Oregon area. My experience is commercial and event photography while in California (for businesses and two cities). I do a lot of railroad photography as well. Am just starting out in portraiture this year/

I shoot Canon and Sony. Before I went digital I owned my own darkroom and used it a LOT. I just sold it when relocating. Now I have my starter studio kit instead.

My photography site is at http://knightvisions.net/ and yes, I do need to update it and add more portraits and North West photos....of course that means I need to get out more. ;)

For fun, I post a LOT more photos at fotopic here: http://eias.fotopic.net/ That has some of my events there. I might be adding events as a subtopic at my other site.

My biggest challenge has been getting out since I moved up here. My day job isn't as photo friendly as my job in California was. There, I was able to work as a Staff photographer for the cities, and work my 40 (much more flexible) hours a week.

Currently facing layoffs in July at my day job. It might work out to where I get a lot more photo time then....

*looking at the bright side*

Last edited:
Hi

I am Arline Scott and my husband is Robert Scott aka FoamersNW. I am from Rochester, WA which is halfway between Olympia and Centralia. We both love photography and travelling together to find new locations to shoot. I am enjoying the PNW site and posting way more than I ever thought I would. Robert says it is an addiction but I think obsession covers it better. That's all for now... I have to go take more photos to put online now.

Looking forward to seeing all your work and possibly even meeting many of you!

Hello from Deer Park, WA

I grew up in Wenatchee, WA, then traveled the world thanks to the Navy. I seem to have dropped the hook in Deer Park, about 20 miles north of Spokane. My hobbies include photography, garden railroading, kayaking and canoing, and bicycling.

I still have my wet darkroom set up, and generally prefer that to digital, as the process is much slower and contemplative. My favorite camera is a Canon mechanical (brass body) F!, that I purchased in 1977. I also use a Mamia C-220, that produces a 2.25 inch negative. For digital, I have a Canon PowerShot S40, that produces only 4 megapixels.

Remember, shoot for the shadows and print for the highlights. Or is it the other way around? :p

Hello to All,
I live in a little town not far from Mount St. Helens. I am not as active in photography as I use to be but keep plugging away whenever. I like to go camping and kayaking around the area. I travel as much as possible where I do most of my shooting. \
My husband and I have been foster parents for 3 years now and we keep young by caring for these wonderful kids. They provide a lot of photo opps and we keep a album for each child that comes to stay with us.
I shoot anything that gets in my way. I love working in Photoshop to create new images from my photos.

Hello folks!

I live in Maltby, though it's now considered Unincorporated Snohomish County and is between Woodinville and Monroe.

I'm actually someone newly bitten by the photography bug. I'm a writer and software engineer by profession but decided to try photography as a way to teach myself to be more visual since I actually have no visual memory as most people undersatand it. Instead I got a whole new hobby out of it!

I own a Canon Xsi and am really just learning the myriad of things I need to know but I love nature and wildlife photography in particular. I only have a few examples I felt worth showing to other people so far at http://dslrnewbie.wordpress.com/.

I just started a new day job so I have to timeshare with that and writing, but I WILL learn more! LOL

Hi everyone..

I'm Steve and I'm located in Everett, WA. I've been living up here for almost 10 years and like a lot of people, I was drawn here by the beauty of the Cascades. I've been interested in photography since childhood when my dad gave me a Pentax 35mm camera. My photography interests lie in landscapes & nature.

I used to take photos just to document and remember the various hikes and backpacking journeys.Over the last year, I've decided to see if I might be able to make a little money on the side with the photos I take. I started my website (link in signature) almost a year ago and started a photography blog around Christmas.

Equipment wise, I'm a very happy Pentaxian. The combination of price & features really can't be beat. Anyways, I look forward to sharing!..

Hello!
My name is Patricia, I am located in the Olympia area.

I love photography, and I have for as long as I can remember. I also enjoy learning new things about Photoshop (I don't think you can ever know everything about that program :) )

I am a wedding and portrait photographer, but shooting scenery and nature in the PNW is incredible and a lot of fun.

My website is http://www.illusionofgrandeur.com

I shoot with Canon equipment

Hello everyone!

My name is Robert Scott, I live with my alter ego and partner in crime (Arline Scott) here in Rochester, Wa. I have been shooting seriously for the past 11 years. Initially I shot slides (Kodachrome 64 and Fuji Velvia) for the first couple of years cataloguing about 5,000 slides.

The move to digital was around 2001, with a Sony digi - 5mp, followed by the Canon line (D-reb, 20D) and now the 40D. In my arsenal is a Canon 10-22, 85 1.8, and a 100-400 L. My shooting hobbies include mostly railroads and the transportation industry, but have ventured more into some sports, animals and scenery. Each winter, you can find us on our annual winter sabbatical to Southern California. Each summer we are in North Dakota so our range is both near and far.

Over the past couple of years I have branched out to shoot senior portraits, something that is pretty fun - and plan to do more in the coming years with setting up a home studio.

Thanks to Bob (Baughb) for setting up this site to showcase some other aspects of our photography - I am a fellow contributor over on the other site www.railroadforums.com and www.railroadphotoessays.com.

I also enjoy freelance writing and have been fortunate enough to have both articles and photographs published in both Trains magazine as well as CTC Board Railroads Illustrated. Annually I am the host of the Autumn Leaf Railroad slide show in Centralia, WA which we focus on the photographic talents of 15-20 railroad photographers from all over the Western United States and Canada.

new toy in Vancouver

hello all,
I am Mark Caldwell. I currently reside in the 'Couve... ( Vancouver wa for those who know not.) finally got a d SLR ( xsi ) and am having fun playing with it ... hope to make it to some of the adverted get together's around SW WA. once and a while i tune pianos and occasionally work at night and poke around doing other things... and like bob i lurk at the railroad forums as well... more later

73'
pie.
aka
mark.

Hi all, I live North and East of Stanwood (or South and East of Conway)up by the Pilchuck tree farm. I am really into this picture taking thing. Strictly amateur but lovin' it. I have a Canon Power Shot SX10IS---and learning all about it. MB

Hi Everyone!

My name is Rhonda and I live in the Edgewood area.....it's in between Puyallup and Federal Way pretty much.

I am here pretty much looking for advice from more experienced photographers and meeting people in the area that are also into photography.

I'm a film photographer at heart but we just can't set up the darkroom at this time so I'm shooting digital. I love the possibilities of it. Photoshop gives me a headache. I would love to learn more about the program but it seems so complex, guess I should buy a book.

Anyway, hoping to meet new people and have some new experiences!

Hello from Carnation

I was devoted to photography years ago, and just now am entering the world of digital cameras with the purchase of a Canon XSi. I have a lot to learn and look forward to the journey. Thanks in advance for the support and inspiration of photographers on this site!

Hello and welcome to our new members! Thank you for signing up and introducing yourself.

Enjoy the forum, and post some of your work. Feel free to ask questions or make comments. I'm always looking for ways to improve the forum, and new ideas for how to make the place more useful.

Hello everyone:

My name is Gregg Pohll and I have been involved in photography since I bought a Cannon FTB for $150 at age 15. I photographed for my high school yearbook and newspaper and even today, I work part time as a writer and phtographer for a local weekly covering sports and local education stories. I photograph anything that presents itself, but my first love is wild landscapes. The farther I go for a photo, the more valuable it is for me. I have been available as a contract/freelance photographer for years and recently I have been trying to expand the number of contracted work. I live in Winlock.

For samples of my photos see....

GAP Photo

Newspaper photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/NWRockranger/

Gregg->

Last edited:
Hey everyone. My name is Tony, I'm out in Eatonville in the shadow of Mt Rainier. Bob H found me somewhere on the internet and shot me an email invite, thanks for that.
I shoot most everything that gets light on it, sometimes even things in the dark. I do the sports photography for the local paper out here covering the four closest highschools, also things for a local news website. I pick up occasional senior portraits and weddings that help pay some of my expenses along with the sports and nature stuff. To relax I go out in the woods with my camera (when it's not hunting season, then I carry a different cannon) to shoot wildlife and scenics, lucky for me alot of that is close to home.

Tony...which schools do you cover out there? I cover six small ones in Lewis and Cowlitz Counties. Chris Johnson covers the three eastern Lewis County Schools (Morton) for the East Lewis County News.

Good to meet you.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back