Great Bear Rainforest: 2016 Wildlife & Scenery

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

Last month I led my final two tours of the year. These took place in British Columbia's Great Bear Rainforest, a beautiful area that's home to a surprising variety of wildlife. I was up there for a couple weeks, living on a boat during our tours, and we were fortunate to have some nice wildlife encounters amidst some truly spectacular coastal scenery.

I've divided my photos into two collections. The first, which I published this week, focuses on general wildlife and scenery. Bears will come next week. ;) You can view the full Wildlife and Scenery gallery here. A preview is below.

Humpback whales are often one of the highlights of my GBR trips. This was the first time I've had a chance to witness them bubble feeding.
whalehumpback0916greatbear16.jpg

Loads of bald eagles can be found in the GBR.
eaglebald0916greatbear28.jpg

This is probably the most cooperative sea otter I've ever encountered. He didn't mind the presence of our boat at all.
ottersea0916greatbear4.jpg

Black turnstone
turnstoneblack0916greatbear12.jpg

We saw four different mustelid species during the trip, including several mink.
minkamerican0916greatbear12.jpg

Our home for the journey, the Great Bear II.
boat0916greatbear6.jpg

View the full Wildlife and Scenery gallery here.

If you're interested in joining me in the Great Bear Rainforest, I've got a trip scheduled for next September that has two spots left and must be filled by December 1. In addition to the marine mammal and bird species, we will spend a fair bit of time looking for grizzly, spirit and black bears. Coastal wolves are also found in these areas. It's a small group (only four guests) and is bound to be a fun adventure. Learn more here.

Max

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back