hunter jumper show

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Julie

I just finished shooting the first big 5 day A rated hunter jumper show of the season. Time for a nap!

1233445237_kbfSE-XL.jpg

1233445400_Q7MoG-XL.jpg

1233445321_9kk2F-XL.jpg

1233445375_BzGgB-XL.jpg

1233445257_4n4o6-XL.jpg

Very nice... I love the shadow on the arena wall in the second shot.

Thanks! The shadows are something I attempt to avoid, but it's not always possible depending on the course design. I'm glad you like it though!

Lovely. Seems like pretty nice lighting in the arena.

It's not bad for an indoor arena, but I use a couple of speedlights set up in the stands above me to get the best quality I can.

It's not bad for an indoor arena, but I use a couple of speedlights set up in the stands above me to get the best quality I can.

I was wondering about speedlights, but still the arena looks pretty bright. The horses don't mind the strobes?

I was wondering about speedlights, but still the arena looks pretty bright. The horses don't mind the strobes?

It's rare to have a horse that even notices flash. There are people throughout the stands at every show flashing their little point and shoots all day as well.

This is available light at the show. Settings for ambient there were f/2.8 1/250 ISO 4000 for this shot, some shots were ISO 5000.

1234743725_soH2v-XL-1.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back