Just Plane Foggy....

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Christena

Grabbed this shot this morning....not a morning person but had to be up to take my little dog to the vet for a dental and noticed the sun looked really cool...I spied this angle on the way there. I got to the Vets...threw the dog at them and then beat cheeks back hoping the sun was in the right place...cc's okay...

PlaneinFog22011013ps.jpg

interesting! any idea what kind of plane that is? the tail fin and that bump on the fuselage make me think it might be an old WWII bomber...

i notice a bit of halo around the plane... not sure what that's from?

I love the photo and idea but like already mentioned, the halo around the plane is really distracting. I'm guessing it's from processing . . . maybe you can get rid of it.

IDK how to get rid of it...on my monitor it looks really slight...maybe it's just the sunlight coming through the fog and reflecting off the plane...anyone?

That is a tail section of a Boeing I thank it is a C-97 Stratofreighter which is related to a B29 Superfortress.I like the photo the halo makes it look like it is ready for duty

Last edited:
The halo could just be that the landscape scene capture mode in your camera added some extra contrast that doesn't seem apparent when viewing original image but gets exacerbated in smaller sizes. I can see why you went back for this, I would have, too.

Thanks Irene...could be, because when I bring it up in photoshop it doesn't show so much...hmmmmm and I hate to bring down the contrast because I'll lose the sun...I'm wondering if it would show up in a print like it does here. Maybe I'll order one...

In a fog shot such as that, you are going to capture the halo which is really there. It is light from the far side reflecting into the water in the air. The naked eye will see them too.

They learned that in England and Europe in the 40s. The fog would, at certain times of the day, make it possible to spot incoming airplanes before the shape could be identified.

Pops

Great shot, love the halo... I would be interested to see this in monochrome! Great job with this, I too would have chucked the critter in the door to run and grab this! jk

Really, really great eye to see this composition. Great job. I'm not all that bothered by the halo but I am puzzled about the fuzziness at the top of the tail.

Janice....I zoomed way in on it and the fuzziness is part of the aircraft...the purpose I do not know and I also notice the 2 birds sitting on the tail...should I leave them or edit them out?

While the birds are cute I think they distract a little bit. I'd consider editing them out.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back