Washington Photographer Intros

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tony, welcome aboard and thanks for signing up. Speaking of the Eatonville paper, I heard they ran an article and photo of mine in this week's paper.

What's the local news website, not familiar with that?

Well shoot Bob, I read the article (Mount Rainier Murder Mystery) and never connected that name to you here.

RockRanger, I cover Bethel, Eatonville, Graham Kapowsin and some Spanaway Lake. This keeps me pretty busy with just the home games so I don't travel for their away events.
The local news website is www.eatonvillenews.net , but I stick to wildlife,scenery and local non-political events for them since they get pretty political ... which in this small town can sometimes get nasty.

Well shoot Bob, I read the article (Mount Rainier Murder Mystery) and never connected that name to you here.

Hopefully it came out OK, I haven't seen it yet. As for not noticing the name, I can understand that, it's an odd coincidence. They publish something of mine a few times a year. (I don't submit stuff very often and they can't print what they don't have.) I think the last time was a concert this spring.

To be honest, most of the time I don't even notice who did an article, though any more I do pay more attention than I used to. I like the Dispatch, they still give a photo credit. A certain other local paper has been putting "courtesy photo" on my shots lately, which is a bit annoying. I understand not being able to pay for photos like they used to (a whole $5 per shot), but to not even be willing to give credit to the photographer? That's not nice, after all it takes time and effort to shoot the photos and send them in. A simple "Photo courtesy of... " isn't a lot to ask in return.

Why do I care? Well, it's not about ego, even though it may appear so at first glance. It's about getting my name out there and getting a bit of recognition. Sometimes when I'm shooting an event I ask for some help in getting shots, maybe special access for a better angle, or simply posing the participants for a group shot etc. You'd be suprised at how often folks do recall seeing your name on a photo credit.

Hi Bob:

Credibility is everything whether you are a pro or not. Being known as a credible photographer opens doors and opportunities for you, so having your name out there is very important.

Last edited:
Well it looks as if I'll have to help hold down Eastern Washington, as I see only one other from east of the ridge. :D

I started shooting in 1948 and concentrated on B&W film. I realized I am not good with people in a business sense and closed my little studio in 1958. Then, when I retired from the school district here in Moses Lake, WA a couple of years ago, I decided to get back into the game. This time, I'm not shooting on demand, but just what I like. Much nicer.

I think I'm going to like this site.

Pops

somehow i missed this thread... by now, some of you already know me... my name is Rocky, and i live in Kirkland. not the best spot for photos, but Juanita Bay Park is a gold mine for birds. i'm mainly a landscape and outdoor photographer, and i try to get out into the hinterlands as often as i can, but around here, that's a half-year proposition; once winter sets in, the photo ops get pretty few and far between. i've been dabbling in photography since i bought a Pentax ME Super back in the mid-80's, and i went digital in 2004. now i shoot with Canon DSLRs - a 5D for landscapes, and a 40D for wildlife. i've been actively marketing my work for just shy of three years now, and though i haven't made a ton of money at it, i do have several galleries showing my work, both here and in other cities around the country, and am constantly on the lookout for new venues to show in. in fact, i am just now in the process of working out a deal with a photo-related business in Poway, CA, to show my work in their lobby (for sale, of course!), which will give me a foot in the door in SoCal.

to those who know me, well, you already knew all this stuff anyway, right?
to those who don't, hi! feel free to check out my website for an idea of the kinds of things i do...

cheers,

Hi from the eastern border of Eastern Washington and "Go Cougs!" I live in Pullman and love to get outdoors for landscape photography. My favorite place to shoot is Mount Rainier but spring, summer, and winter in the Palouse are hard to beat. I'm trying to break into outdoor photography as a money making proposition. Alas, my husband handles the books and so far he sees my photography as a money sucking proposition. I did, however, sell 1 time rights to a photo of mine to a local company for their 2010 calendar. (I'm hoping that means 2010 will be an auspicious year for my business.)

Ok, I've avoided this long enough. My name is Brian. I'm 34, was born and raised in the Seattle area and currently live in Bellevue. I've been into photography for 2 years after dating a high school photography teacher who inspired me to buy my very first camera at a thrift store, a Pentax ME. I mainly just shoot digital now and really only discovered the magic of specialized lenses and quality glass in the last 12 months or so, but since that discovery, photography has become a major obsession. My dslr progression in the last 15 months or so has been Nikon D40 -> Canon XTi -> Canon 40D -> Canon 50D -> back to a Canon 40D -> Canon 5D -> and with my next tax return hopefully a 5D mark 2 :) I love shooting landscapes and cityscapes, but my main love is long exposures w/ light painting and such. I haven't sold any work yet, haven't tried to, but that is my goal so i can leave my accounting job in the dust.

I am Dann Fassnacht (glockman99), and I'm here to represent Aberdeen...(The Washington state version of Aberdeen...LOL...).

I use Nikon equipment...Mainly digital, but I also still shoot with analog cameras once in awhile. I shot professionally for a few years...Mainly for newspapers as a photojournalist, and also as a wedding/portrait photographer.

Here's more info about me if interested:
http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6930#post6930

welcome Dann, I often get close, I think, was in Elma over the weekend & will be back up there next month
I live in Portland :)

Hello From Joyce, Washington

I've been an avid photographer for 30 some years-I've been doing digital photography for about 5 or 6 yrs. I live in rural community about 16 miles west of Port Angeles- about 60 miles northwest of Seattle. You can see some of my work at my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/becksfotos

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back