The birds

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Is there something I am doing wrong in my messages here? Wish I could figure it out so I can keep from getting frustrated like last week..

Dude. Snuffy- If you had read all the previous posts in this thread you would have seen that the typo issue had already been adressed, laughed about, and put aside. That is most likely why you didn't recieved a response to your MSG. And the fact that you said nothing about my photos.

Sorry to pull this old post back up, but...

I'm trying to id. one of these ducks that I photographed.

It's the bird in image 1 and 5. Dark brown head, light brown body.

It's driving me crazy that I can't figure it out. I've been all over the web and just can't seem to find it.

Any of you birders know what that guy is?

Please and thank you :)

Thanks, Janice.

I checked out your link, and then Googled "Northern Pintail." I'm still not sure, though. The hens look kind of similar, but still not quite right it seems. I dunno. You may be right. Hmmmm.....

I looked too, online and in my field guides. The other choice is a Gadwall, but that doesn't look right either. It's a puzzle. It may even be a domestic/wild hybrid.

Checking my "Western Birds" guidebook, it shows that as the female American Wigeon. You have a photo of the male in #7. It even says the female is confused with the Gadwall and Pintail except for a gray to dark gray bill.

Checking my "Western Birds" guidebook, it shows that as the female American Wigeon. You have a photo of the male in #7. It even says the female is confused with the Gadwall and Pintail except for a gray to dark gray bill.

Well, it looks like this is not going to be settled without you going back and seeing what he or she is paired up with. Ain't that just ducky.

Here is a photo from the Wiki page on these ducks. I downloaded another file but can't seem to find where it went.

Thanks. everyone! Much appreciated! I knew there were some quack fiends out there ;)

I'll definitely have to go back and find this quacker's mate.

I'm leaning towards pintail or domestic now. This was a fairly large bird, much larger than the widgeon, I think.

I'll post future images on this thread, once I take them.

Gratci!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back